We come from a surprising range of ethnic and cultural backgrounds for such a small church - South Africa, Croatia, the Netherlands, South Korea, Thailand, the Philippines, the U.S., Canada and more!
At Redeemer, it doesn't matter where you came from - we're all one in Christ through faith in Him.
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
On the menu this Sunday, 11/28/21:
- This Sunday we welcome Rev. James Zekveld to our pulpit, pastor of Ambassador Canadian Reformed Church in Niverville, MB. Pastor Brian will be preaching at Redeemer Canadian Reformed Church in Winnipeg as part of a nine way, URCNA/CanRef pulpit exchange.
- Morning Service (9:30AM): "John the Baptist Prepares the Way" (Luke 3:1-20). Click here to preview our morning service liturgy.
- Children & Youth Sunday School (11:00AM)(approximate start time). Ages 5-8 are learning basic Christian doctrine using the book The Ology: Ancient Truths Ever New. Ages 9-13 and 14-17 are learning basic Christian doctrine using the Heidelberg Catechism.
- Afternoon Service (3:00PM): "Jesus Prioritizes the Work of His Father" (Luke 2:40-52). Click here to preview afternoon service liturgy.
- NOTE: In light of the public health measures, masks are required in the building at all times for those older than 5 years. Masks are recommended for children between ages 2 and 5 and should NOT be worn by children under 2 (see here).
We Worship One God in Trinity and Trinity in Unity
To all who are spiritually weary and seek rest;
to all who mourn and long for comfort;
to all who struggle and desire victory;
to all who sin and need a Saviour;
to all who are strangers and want fellowship;
to all who hunger and thirst after righteousness;
to all who will come;
Jesus Christ offers you his grace;
and this church offers you its love.
The whole Bible is about Christ, from Genesis to Revelation. And at Redeemer, that's what our preaching focuses on; 'Christ and him crucified' as the Apostle Paul put it (1 Cor. 2:2). We preach through entire books of the Bible, focusing on what it means and how it affects us in the 21st century.
"but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love."
We believe we are all members of the one body of Christ and that every member of the body is important. We all need each other's gifts and we encourage our members to use their gifts to serve one another in love.
As the Apostle Paul put it, "For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them. . ." (Romans 12:3-6).